Law Office of Justin Silverman, Esq. Westborough, MA // Attorney, Nov. 2011 to Current
- Founded a general practice, helping individual and corporate clients with matters including business formation, reputation management and debt collection.
- Reviewed vendor agreements and facilitated the purchase of a portable storage franchise for client in transportation industry.
Prince Lobel & Tye LLP Boston, MA // Law Clerk, May 2010 to Nov. 2011
- Worked directly with lead counsel for 11 months, preparing and strategizing what would become a $24 million arbitration case involving the insufficient payment of commissions to financial advisor co-claimants.
- Wrote more than 100 pages of legal analysis and drafted motions to compel production and cialis canada online to issue sanctions, as well as the trial brief.
- Spent months reviewing more than 80,000 pages of documents received during discovery and became proficient with Summation software.
- Assisted the domestic relations department, analyzing recent cases involving thedivision of marital assets and drafting a motion for attachment.
Harvard Law School Cambridge, MA // Intern and Contributor, Berkman Center for Internet & Society’s Digital Media Law Project, Jan. 2010 to Present
- Wrote articles analyzing current media law topics, including “Will This Revolution Be YouTubed?” and “Photographing Public Art: A Legal Waltz in Seattle.”
- Contributed to the 2010 white paper “The Rise of the News Aggregator: Legal Implications and Best Practices.”
- Wrote an overview of state shield law legislation that Berkman published for MCLE distribution.
Russell & Associates, LLC Needham, MA // Law Clerk, May 2009 to Aug. 2009
- Managed criminal and civil cases, including the defense of operating under the influence and indecent assault charges.
- Met personally with clients to discuss defense strategies and to prepare them for trial.
- Drafted complaints for claims such as breach of contract.
- Prepared interrogatories, assisted in trials and attended family court hearings.
Suffolk University Law School Boston, MA // Co-Author and Research Assistant to Professor Marc Rodwin, May 2008 to July 2011
- Researched medical insurance market trends during 30-year period and assessed current claims of rising costs.
- Reviewed legislation both proposed and passed on such claims.
- Co-wrote and edited an extensive journal article to be published that combines current and past research on malpractice insurance premiums.